Recreation League Information
The Pittsburgh Dynamo Recreation League is intended to provide kids ~4-18 years old with an environment where they can learn the game of soccer, have fun playing, and develop as players. All coaches and administrators are volunteers, though many have soccer backgrounds and US Soccer coaching licenses. No official scores or standings are kept in the Rec league as the emphasis is on developing soccer skills rather than winning.
Jump to a particular topic using the links below or scroll down for more information.
Registration | Important Dates | Practice Schedule and Fields | Game Schedule and Fields | Lost and Found
Spring 2024 Registration Info
- Registration for this season will be accepted through your account on SportsConnect beginning February 19, which you can access here: Login/Register.
- Season consists of 8 practices and 8 games, weather-permitting
- Each player receives a team shirt
- Final game is parents vs. kids
- Scholarships are available for those in need (email [email protected])
- All practices will be 5:30-6:30 pm pending permits at Schenley Oval, choose a weeknight when registering and we will try to accommodate. Nights and practice times will be posted as soon possible.
- Games are either Saturday or Sunday mornings or afternoons at Schenley Oval
Spring 2024 Important Dates
- Registration Open February 19 through March 22 (registration after this date will be subject to a late fee and subject to space)
- Coaching requests and team notifications late will be early April.
- Practices begin April 15 (field schedule permitting)
- Final game weekend June 8/9(field schedule and weather permitting)
Practice Schedule and Fields
Practice ScheduleEach team has one practice per week. Practice is usually 5:30-6:30 pm at Schenley Oval, if permits require shifting any practice times we will post asap. When registering, you can select which weeknight works best for you, and we will try to accommodate your request.
Practice Fields Maps
Will be posted by April 10.
Practice CancellationBecause each coach knows his or her team best, we leave it to coaches to make the decision to cancel practices based on weather conditions. Coaches should let their teams know no later than 4:30 pm on practice days if practice will be cancelled.
Game Schedule and Fields
Game ScheduleEach team has one game per week, either Saturday or Sunday at Schenley Oval.
The schedules were created through our registration system this year. There are two ways to access your game schedule:
1. Through the GameChanger app. If you are the person who registered your child, download the app and your team will show up automatically. Games and practices have been loaded into our system and will show on the Schedule tab. You can invite other caregivers to join GameChanger and view the schedule. This method only works on a smartphone.
2. Through your Team Page. Log on to your account at www.pghdynamo.org. Locate the three dots in the top right corner of the Participants panel. Select Visit Team Page then click on the team. The Team Page will pop up and you can see the schedule from the Schedule tab. This method can be used on your computer or your smartphone.
Any changes to the schedule will show up on both GameChanger and the online version.
Game Fields Map
Game CancellationIn the case of severe weather, the league will make the call whether or not to cancel games for a particular weekend. Game cancellations will be listed on the website and emailed as soon as the decision is made. Teams should not cancel games -- please notify [email protected] if a team has a scheduling or attendance issue and we will help you work around it.
Lost and Found
Items found after practices or games may be reported to [email protected]. Also check the blue/gray shed on the grass fields near the tennis courts.