Recreation League Information
The Pittsburgh Dynamo Recreation League is intended to provide kids ~4-18 years old with an environment where they can learn the game of soccer, have fun playing, and develop as players. All coaches and administrators are volunteers, though many have soccer backgrounds and US Soccer coaching licenses. No official scores or standings are kept in the Rec league as the emphasis is on developing soccer skills rather than winning.
Dynamo follows guidelines set by PA West Soccer. Prior to the start of the Spring 2022 season, we will send communication detailing the current policy and practices of PA West Soccer regarding health and safety measures. We will continue to communicate any significant changes during the course of the season.
Jump to a particular topic using the links below or scroll down for more information.
Registration | Important Dates | Practice Schedule and Fields | Game Schedule and Fields | Lost and Found
Spring 2022 Registration Info
- Registration for this season will be accepted through your account on SportsConnect, which you can access here: Login/Register.
- Season consists of 8 practices and 8 games, weather-permitting
- Each player receives a team shirt
- Final game is parents vs. kids
- Scholarships are available for those in need (email [email protected])
- All practices are 5:30 to 6:30 pm at Schenley Oval, choose a weeknight when registering and we will try to accommodate
- Games are either Saturday or Sunday mornings or afternoons at Schenley Oval
Spring 2022 Important Dates
- Registration Open the week of February 14 through March 31
- Coaching requests and team notifications April 8 through April 15
- Practices begin the week of April 18
- First game weekend is scheduled for April 23/24
- Final game weekend is scheduled for June 11/12
Practice Schedule and Fields
Practice ScheduleEach team has one practice per week. All practices are from 5:30 to 6:30 pm at Schenley Oval. When registering, you can select which weeknight works best for you, and we will try to accommodate your request.
Practice Fields Maps
Practice field maps will be posted here by April 15.
Practice CancellationBecause each coach knows his or her team best, we leave it to coaches to make the decision to cancel practices based on weather conditions. Coaches should let their teams know no later than 4:30 pm on practice days if practice will be cancelled.
Game Schedule and Fields
Game ScheduleEach team has one game per week, either Saturday or Sunday at Schenley Oval.
Game schedules will be posted here before the start of the season.
Game Fields Map
Game CancellationIn the case of severe weather, the league will make the call whether or not to cancel games for a particular weekend. Game cancellations will be listed on the website and emailed as soon as the decision is made.
Lost and Found
Items found after practices or games may be reported to [email protected] and will be listed here.