Recreation League Information
The Pittsburgh Dynamo Recreation League is intended to provide kids ~4-18 years old with an environment where they can learn the game of soccer, have fun playing, and develop as players. All coaches and administrators are volunteers, though many have soccer backgrounds and US Soccer coaching licenses. No official scores or standings are kept in the Rec league as the emphasis is on developing soccer skills rather than winning. For general information about Dynamo Rec, including age groups and rules, see this page: Rec League Info (pghdynamo.org).
Jump to a particular topic using the links below or scroll down for more information.
Registration | Important Dates | Practice Schedule and Fields | Game Schedule and Fields | Lost and Found
Spring 2023 Registration Info
REGISTRATION UPDATE (3/27/2023): We are currently in the late registration period but will accept new players through April 16 as space permits. If you encounter a "wait list only" option, we encourage you to sign your child up anyway. There is no cost to sign up on the waitlist, and since we are unable to shuffle many kids this season, there may be some cancellations.
- Registration for this season will be accepted through an account on SportsConnect, which you can access here: Login/Register.
- Season consists of 8 practices and 8 games, weather-permitting
- Each player receives a team shirt
- Final game is parents vs. kids
- Scholarships are available for those in need (email [email protected])
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday practices will be from 5:30 to 6:30 pm at Schenley Oval. Tuesday practice will be from 5:00 to 6:00 pm. Choose a weeknight when registering and we will try to accommodate
- Games are either Saturday or Sunday mornings or afternoons at Schenley Oval
Spring 2023 General Timeline
* Late registrations will be accepted as space permits and with an additional fee of $10. We cannot guarantee friend or sibling requests.
- Registration Opens February 13
- Dick's Sporting Goods 20% Off Gear Weekend March 17-20 -- download coupon here
- Registration Closes March 23*
- Coaching requests and team notifications Week of March 23
- Game schedules available April 10
- Practices begin April 17
- Final game weekend is June 10-11
Practice Schedule and Fields
Practice ScheduleEach team has one practice per week at Schenley Oval. Practices may be 5:00 to 6:00 pm or 5:30 to 6:30 pm depending on the day of the week. (We are working with the City to maximize our available time.) When registering, you can select which weeknight works best for you, and we will try to accommodate your request.
Practice Fields Maps
Your practice field is listed in your schedule and GameChanger. It will stay the same from week to week. This map shows approximate locations of the assigned fields. None of these fields are lined.
Practice CancellationBecause each coach knows his or her team best, we leave it to coaches to make the decision to cancel practices based on weather conditions. Coaches should let their teams know no later than 1 hour prior to the start of practice if practice will be cancelled.
Game Schedule and Fields
Game ScheduleEach team has one game per week, either Saturday or Sunday at Schenley Oval.
Game schedules will be communicated to all the families in an age group when all the teams in that age group have coaches.
Game Fields Map
Your game field is listed in your schedule and GameChanger. It may change from week to week depending on your player's division. This map shows the location of the game fields. The Turf fields will be delineated by cones. The Grass fields are lined.
It may change from week to week depending
Game CancellationIn the case of severe weather, the league will make the call whether or not to cancel games for a particular weekend. Game cancellations will be listed on the website and emailed as soon as the decision is made.
Lost and Found
Items found after practices or games may be placed in an equipment bin near the Grass fields at the far side of the tennis courts.