Recreation League Information
The Pittsburgh Dynamo Recreation League is intended to provide kids ~4-18 years old with an environment where they can learn the game of soccer, have fun playing, and develop as players. All coaches and administrators are volunteers, though many have soccer backgrounds and US Soccer coaching licenses. No official scores or standings are kept in the Rec league as the emphasis is on developing soccer skills rather than winning. For general information about Dynamo Rec, including age groups and rules, see this page: Rec League Info (pghdynamo.org).
Jump to a particular topic using the links below or scroll down for more information.
Registration | Important Dates | Practice Schedule and Fields | Game Schedule and Fields | Lost and Found
Spring 2023 Registration Info
REGISTRATION UPDATE (2/28/2023): We are getting very close to registration limits for particular age groups. If you encounter a "wait list only" option, we strongly encourage you to sign your child up anyway. There is no cost to sign up on the waitlist. If there a lot of kids signed up on the waitlist, we will try to make more teams. If there are not a lot of kids signed up on the waitlist, we will try to place your child individually on an existing team. In that case, preference will be given to a player whose adult can coach, and after that it will be first-come-first-served.
- Registration for this season will be accepted through an account on SportsConnect, which you can access here: Login/Register.
- Season consists of 8 practices and 8 games, weather-permitting
- Each player receives a team shirt
- Final game is parents vs. kids
- Scholarships are available for those in need (email [email protected])
- All practices are expected to be 5:30 to 6:30 pm at Schenley Oval, choose a weeknight when registering and we will try to accommodate
- Games are either Saturday or Sunday mornings or afternoons at Schenley Oval
Spring 2023 General Timeline
* Late registrations will be accepted as space permits and with an additional fee of $10. We cannot guarantee friend or sibling requests. No late registrations will be accepted after the first week of games.
- Registration Opens February 13
- Dick's Sporting Goods 20% Off Gear Weekend March 17-20 -- download coupon here
- Registration Closes March 23*
- Coaching requests and team notifications early April
- Game schedules available April 10**
- Practices begin April 17**
- Final game weekend is June 10-11**
** Tentative pending City Parks' field permitting process.
Practice Schedule and Fields
Practice ScheduleEach team has one practice per week. All practices are expected to be from 5:30 to 6:30 pm at Schenley Oval. (We are working with the City to maximize our available time.) When registering, you can select which weeknight works best for you, and we will try to accommodate your request.
Practice Fields Maps
Practice maps will be posted here early April.
Practice CancellationBecause each coach knows his or her team best, we leave it to coaches to make the decision to cancel practices based on weather conditions. Coaches should let their teams know no later than 4:30 pm on practice days if practice will be cancelled.
Game Schedule and Fields
Game ScheduleEach team has one game per week, either Saturday or Sunday at Schenley Oval.
Game schedules will be communicated to all the families in an age group when all the teams in that age group have coaches.
Game Fields Map
Game CancellationIn the case of severe weather, the league will make the call whether or not to cancel games for a particular weekend. Game cancellations will be listed on the website and emailed as soon as the decision is made.
Lost and Found
Items found after practices or games may be placed in an equipment bin on either side of the tennis courts.